Faculty of Engineering, McGill UniversityView Faculty of Engineering, McGill University website
Faculty Communications Officer (University Advancement)
The Faculty Communications Officer (University Advancement) of the Faculty of Engineering, McGill University, will provide leadership and vision to develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies, tactics, projects and activities in support of the Faculty’s Fundraising and Advancement objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Faculty Advancement, you will communicate information about teaching and research activities and projects of the Faculty and its Departments, Schools and Institutes. The goal is to help generate revenue by supporting corporate sponsorship, planned giving and fundraising activities and events.
From compelling speaking notes to attention-grabbing web copy, articles, profiles, cases for support and philanthropic proposals, your strong writing skills and creativity will help the Faculty of Engineering engage its alumni community, solicit new gifts, and convey the impact of philanthropy to a wide range of external and internal audiences.
The ability to recognize meaningful developments in engineering and design teaching and research is key, as are the abilities to produce a wide range of print and digital copy, and assist in building and maintaining relationships with alumni, students, donors and other members of the local and McGill communities. At McGill you will work closely with communications colleagues in the Offices of the Vice-Principal University Advancement and the Vice-Principal Communications and External Relations.
The contract for employment will start immediately and will be for a year, renewable.
Please submit your electronic application (your CV and cover letter saved in one document) via email to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates considered for hiring will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Education: Broad knowledge base, ideally in engineering or science; experience and proven skill set in communications, journalism or public relations. Excellent English and, ideally, French skills are required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Four or more years of relevant communication experience—ideally in Fundraising & Advancement in an academic or science-driven environment.
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing communication plans for multiple, diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate traditional and new communications technologies in strategic initiatives.
- Experience in writing speeches and philanthropic proposals are assets, as is a demonstrable appreciation/understanding of the essential role that photography plays in effective communication.
- The capacity to work autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an outstanding ability to build constructive team relationships—both in the Faculty of Engineering and across McGill.
- A proven ability to manage work in a fast-paced, changing, deadline-oriented environment.
Salary and an attractive benefits-package will be in line with the expectations of the position.
Interested? Here's how to apply
Apply online through the company's websiteApply for this job