WSPView WSP website
Manager, Global Communications
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
As Manager, Global Communications, you are part of a team that is responsible for internal and external communications in support of WSP’s strategic objectives. Reporting to the Director, Global Communications, you are recognized as a strategic partner and communications specialist by the members of the management team, corporate functions (HR, IT, Finance, etc.) and the network of regional communicators.
You are an individual who is:
- motivated by a fast-paced environment, offering continuous opportunities for learning and collaboration;
- an effective storyteller for both digital and traditional channels, with the ability to take complex ideas and distill them into effective and interesting messages;
- driven by results, your client’s experience and teamwork.
BE A STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNER FOR INTERNAL CLIENTS (Management Team & Corporate Functions)
- Act as an expert and point of reference concerning strategies, branding, and available communications tools and platforms;
- Actively participate in annual planning exercise to develop communications strategies that contribute to the achievement of their business objectives
- Receive and analyze requests; identify communications objectives and develop plans to go with them;
- Manage the production and execution of communications plans on time and on budget.
DEVELOP AND MANAGE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PROJECTS, INITIATIVES AND CAMPAIGNS – ONE-TIME AND RECURRING
- Develop communications plans aligned with the company’s strategy and global brand by keeping in mind its goals and business priorities;
- Manage the implementation of projects by working with members of the Global Marketing and Communications team to deliver according to schedule and budget;
- Identify and implement methods to measure and analyze impact and results;
- Produce content for projects and ensure quality;
PLAY A CENTRAL ROLE IN GLOBAL COLLABORATION
- Develop dissemination strategies and methods for deploying projects and campaigns in accordance with the company’s decentralized operating model;
- Help define and expand the collaboration procedures and tools at the disposal of the regional marketing and communications teams;
- Encourage the exchange and sharing of information among regional marketing and communications teams;
- Develop kits, tools and guidelines; advise regional communications teams in the context of their ongoing activities or specific projects
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate communications; experience in a global communications team is an asset;
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field;
- Bilingual, with excellent oral and written knowledge of English;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write, edit, organize, work cross-functionally (graphic designers, digital team etc.)
- Excellent leadership; flexibility in working at different levels of intervention;
- Experience in managing resources and projects with high impact on the company’s success;
- Highly effective prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Excellent ability to adapt to change; attention to detail;
- Experience in the professional services sector and/or in the engineering or construction industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of sustainability practices and governance is an asset;
- Good command of Content Management Systems (CMS), social media management for the major platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
This position does not include personnel management.
Interested? Here's how to apply
Apply online through the company's websiteApply for this job