Tourisme MontréalView Tourisme Montréal website
Manager of Corporate Communications and Public Relations
Tourisme Montréal is a private, non-profit organization. It brings together 900 members and partners of Montréal’s tourism industry, who share its objective of promoting Montréal as a tourist destination to international clienteles. The organization has nearly 70 employees who work for the promotion and development of the tourism product.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Destination Development and Public Affairs, the Manager of Corporate Communications and Public Relations will collaborate in the design and implementation of proactive and integrated communication and media relations strategies, in order to establish Tourisme Montréal’s reputation as a leader in the development of the metropolis by promoting the organization’s brand and business objectives.
Strategic communications, public relations
- Develop an annual public relations plan outlining approaches, tactics and measurable results to raise the profile of Tourisme Montréal and the tourism sector.
- Work in collaboration with the departments concerned to ensure the transversality of public relations actions.
- Act as needed, as a spokesperson for the media and provide support in problem management and crisis communication.
Media relations and media monitoring
- Establish and manage effective relations with journalists and media in the French and English markets of Montreal and the regions. Proactively research and coordinate media interviews.
- Prepare and supervise spokespersons.
- Write and/or coordinate the drafting of collateral media relations documents, such as press releases, position papers, speeches, key messages, fact sheets, etc., and supervise their translation.
- Plan and organize corporate media activities.
- Collaborate in establishing promotional campaigns in Montréal with TM’s promotional media team.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive database of target media, media contacts and industry influencers in Montréal.
- Measure the impact of activities; prepare dashboards and public relations reports; research and monitor media coverage and industry trends.
Government relations and special projects
- Follow the main trends and news relating to public policies and the tourism industry.
- Propose strategic interventions on issues of public interest affecting tourism and Montréal in order to demonstrate the leadership of Tourisme Montréal.
- Represent Tourisme Montréal from time to time at various forums, committees, hearings or any other event related to its functions.
- Write documents on issues of interest, do the research and analysis necessary to support position statements during hearings and public consultations.
- Coordinate, write, plan the annual report of Tourisme Montréal.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or other relevant field.
- At least five (5) to eight (8) years of professional experience in public relations in a complex environment.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing, and attention to detail.
- Understanding and use of social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 software suite and media monitoring tools.
- Great attention to detail and quality while respecting deadlines.
- Results oriented person who enjoys working in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to accomplish tasks and meet multiple and sometimes simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain professional relationships based on trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate curiosity, creativity and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Listening, agility and adaptability proven.
- Rigor, integrity and professional ethics.
Interested? Here's how to apply
Apply online through the company's websiteApply for this job