WSPView WSP website
Coordinator, Global Communications
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
Reporting to the Director, Global Communications, the Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Global Communications team to support, coordinate and deliver on communication initiatives ranging from writing and editing content, stakeholder relations, project execution, and relationship building.
You are motivated by:
- Working with a diversity of people and projects
- Learning and helping others
- A fast-paced environment
- Contributes to and supports the development, execution and coordination of communications plans and projects
- Collaborates with the Global Marketing and Communications Team, Global Marcom Network and Internal corporate functions to deliver on business and communications objectives
- Generates, edits, revises and publishes (as applicable) communications such as newsletters, emails, social media posts, news articles, campaign pages, corporate pages, corporate reports, surveys, presentations etc.
- Assists in building and maintaining internal and external editorial content calendars
- Coordinates and assists on photo and video shoots for C-suite Communications, campaigns, special projects etc.
- Dissemination of all communications/push notifications to company-wide internal stakeholders and management of Distribution Lists
- Maintains and updates the content on WSP’s Intranet and Website
- Keeps publicly available corporate information up-to-date (e.g. Wikipedia, LaPresse, Globe&Mail etc.)
- Supports award, industry and market recognitions submissions for the company
- Monitors WSP’s inboxes, social media pages and Intranet and redirect as appropriate.
- Uses Social Media Management (Sprout Social, PostBeyond) tools to manage various sites, workflows, approvals and employee advocacy
- Seeks out information and prepares briefing materials, research summaries and reports on trends
- Assists team members with day-to-day communication tasks, project coordination and activities as requested
- Provide back-up for department administrative duties, as required
- Ensures deliverables are met consistently on time, above expected quality and on brand
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Corporate Communications, Marketing or Investor Relations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write, edit, organize, work cross-functionally
- Excellent oral and written knowledge of English, proficiency in French is an asset
- Highly effective prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to set and meet deadlines and provide editorial coordination
- Solution orientated with the ability to drive a task or project to completion
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good command of Social Media platforms (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) is an asset
- Strong research/analytical skills
- Willing and excited to learn
- Strong team collaborator
- Business acumen
- Reliable and detail oriented
- Agile and responsive
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Interested? Here's how to apply
Apply online through the company's websiteApply for this job