Ontario Teacher's Insurance PlanView Ontario Teacher's Insurance Plan website
Bilingual Communications Manager
OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and to developing careers. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a:
Bilingual Communications Manager
As a member of our Corporate Communications team, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, executing and measuring external communications strategies for TW Insurance Services (TWIS) to support the organization’s strategic direction.
- Collaborating with business leaders across TWIS on complex and high priority projects, focusing on providing strategic communication leadership to all aspects of the organization.
- Works with the Internal Change Communications Manager to develop internal French communications with a focus on TWIS.
- Leading communication efforts with our French affiliate, AEFO, and the AEFO Employee Life and Health Trust (ELHT). This includes working directly with the affiliate and ELHT leaders as the communications liaison, strategizing and leading the development of member communication materials, newsletter articles and social media posts.
- Reviews group and individual benefits communications and materials designed for mass distribution by proofreading and editing documentation in French, ensuring accuracy and compliance with brand and corporate standards.
- Plans, develops and executes business communications, including fact sheets, communiques, newsletters, forms, etc.
- Works to manage and maintain content on the corporate websites and Intranet, and supporting our official social media networks by creating content in French.
- Works with external communication vendors and partners on a project-by-project basis to promote programs and manage the TWIS and OTIP image and value proposition.
- Ensures consistency and integrity of the various TWIS brands across multiple communication platforms, including monitoring corporate logo usage on group products and publications.
- Coordinates purchase and distribution of printed corporate material, scheduling, controlling inventories, verifying expenditures and analyzing variances, as required.
- Assists with programs and special events and acts as the communications support for company products. This includes consulting for documents, transcribing, formatting and editing, as well as coordinating the production of communication material such as brochures, articles, newsletters, reports, presentations etc.
Condition of Employment
Final applicants will be required to successfully pass a background check.
OTIP is more than just a place to work. In addition to competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, OTIP offers a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! Our employees have the opportunity to provide feedback on departmental goals, to participate on committees, to work collaboratively, and to continuously improve their professional skills. We take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more! To recruit the best, we offer the best. For more information on OTIP and its Group of Companies (TW, CURO), our company culture, and perks we offer, visit the ‘Life at OTIP’ page on our website.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online by October 3, 2021.
OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for. We need someone who has:
- A university degree in English, French, Communications or a related subject.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in a communication-related role.
- Fluent in both French and English language communications, both orally and in writing.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and French, including a strong attention to detail.
- Superior proofreading skills in English and French.
- Superior time-management, project-management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
- A demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of internal and external clientele.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Content Management Systems and advanced Microsoft Office Suite Applications.
Interested? Here's how to apply
Apply online through the company's websiteApply for this job